Protein is a macronutrient in your body that you need to be eating every day, not only for good health, but for recovery if you are training. While you can get protein from eggs, fish, chicken and nuts (just to name a few sources). There are many benefits to adding a protein bar to your daily nutrition plan.
- Convenience– Protein bars are a great food or snack, throw a few in your bag and your protein needs are covered. There is no doubt that protein bars are a convenient way to get your protein throughout the day.
- Snacks– Protein bars are great in between meal snacks. You can still have your breakfast, lunch and dinner but a protein bar gets you through from one meal to the next while keeping up your protein intake throughout the day.
- Pre and Post workouts- You need to have the right amount of nutrients in your body to get through workouts effectively. Protein bars are perfect for times when you don’t have time to eat before you train. They are great for post workouts too, if you want something different from a protein shake, a protein bar packs the same punch that is quicker and more convenient.
- Meal replacement- Protein bars can be used as meal replacements if weight loss ifs your goal, but they should NOT be used to replace every meal – everything in moderation. Meal replacement protein bars are high in protein and formulated to help make you feel full but are not designed to replace all the nutritious foods you can prepare and eat.
- Taste- Protein bars at one time had a reputation for being bad tasting and chewy. Today protein bars are easy to chew and taste great!
- Protein bars are great as a break from protein shakes
- They are convenient
- Are great – every now and then as a meal replacement
Quest Bars – are protein bars that are good enough to eat! Quest Nutrition, Quest Bars are the perfect protein bar option and come in tasty flavours. A solid 20 grams of protein in each bar to ensure your muscles can recover and grow, no unnecessary added sugars or carbohydrates. These bars taste great so you no longer have to worry about eating a bland and tasteless supplement.
It’s the best way to get the protein you need without the excess sugars that can lead to fat build up. You can keep them in your gym locker, in the car, at the office or in your gym bag. You don’t have to worry about carrying around powders and shakers to make a drink after your workout, you can be chewing on a Quest Bar in the car ride home. If you want a great tasting protein bar look no further than a Quest Bar available in a range of flavours from Apple Pie to White Choc Raspberry.