Don’t Be a Chicken in the Kitchen
It’s impossible to achieve peak muscle-building mode without a sustained, strong stream of protein coursing through your body. The amino acids found within protein are what allow your body to build and repair muscle tissue. Without these key ingredients, you are unable to create the big bulges in your arms, legs and torso that you crave. The importance of protein is reflected by the availability of so many great protein supplements.
None of this is a secret, as bodybuilders from all over the world have been keeping a close eye on their protein intake for years. Look at the biggest, fittest people in your gym and you’ll often see them munching on Quest Bars or crushing Optimum Nutrition Serious Mass or other protein drinks before and after workouts. They know protein is the key to unlocking the powerful potential that lies within.
However, you can also get plenty of natural protein from the food you eat. One of the most popular natural sources of protein is chicken. Not only is it obviously delicious, but it can be prepared in heaps of easy yet exciting ways. No longer do you have to keep your chicken preparation restricted to grilling and covering in sauce. Don’t believe us? Check out this simple chicken recipe to ensure you keep vital protein pumping through your body.
Crispy Protein Chicken Fingers
1/2 kg chicken breast
2 bags Quest Protein chips
1/3 cup chopped walnuts
3 tbsp Dijon mustard
1.5 tbsp honey
1 tsp cayenne
1/2 tsp cumin
1. Set oven to 205.
- Crush the two bags of chips and the walnuts to make crumbs. Pour them into a sealable bag.
- In a bowl, mix mustard, honey and cayenne.
- Slice the chicken breasts into the desired tenders shape.
- Rub the mustard, honey and cayenne mixture over the chicken. Make sure they’re covered but do not overdo it because that will make the crust soggy.
- Place the sauced tenders into the crumb bag one by one. Gently shake the bag. When covered, remove each tender from the bag and place on a baking sheet or rack. A rack is preferable because the tenders will crisp up all sides.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes. Check every few minutes to make sure crust isn’t burning.
Recipe sourced from bodybuilding.com
- In the Kitchen with Supps R Us: Eddy’s Proats!
- In the Kitchen with Supps R Us: Eddy’s Salmon, Potatoes & Salad
- Protein Rich Recipes: Beef Stew